COVID-19 Action Plan Updated 5/1/20
After the initial Stay-at-Home order was declared, it was made clear that Performers Flooring is considered an essential business, because we are in the construction industry. As such, we are open for business, with strict health & safety restrictions in place. Our showroom is open, but we are only allowing one client per salesperson to be in at a time. We have the capacity to work with up to five customers at a time. This keeps the number of people in our showroom below the recommended amount of 10 and allows business to proceed.
In order to welcome people into our showroom, we have enacted the following protocols (previous cleanliness protocols are still being closely followed. Please see the bottom of this page for more information on that.)
For your safety, we are asking that no one under the age of 16 enter our showroom. In an effort to stifle the spread of COVID-19 & protect our youth we feel this is a necessary precaution. In addition, please familiarize yourself with the following regulations we have placed in effect:
- Gloves & a face mask are required to enter: If you have your own, you are more than welcome to use those. If not, please feel free to help yourself to the PPE that we have to offer (ethically sourced). Additionally, in order to ensure that we have enough for staff and customers alike, please only take one mask and set of gloves per person.
- Guidance of a Sales Associate: We will have a sales associate available to help you from start to finish during your shopping experience in order to ensure the number of people in our building is contained and monitored.
- Maintaining a Social Distance: We have marked out what a distance of 6 feet looks like, for reference, as this is the recommended amount os space to maintain for proper Social Distancing. Please be intentional about keeping this distance from all individuals you may encounter in our showroom.
- Sanitize your hands: Please take advantage of the provided hand sanitizer upon your entrance and exit of our showroom.
- Properly dispose of gloves & mask: Please remove your gloves and mask (if disposable) upon your exit. BE sure to remove each glove without touching the glove to your bare skin in the removal process, as this defeats the purpose of the glove.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to call us at 630-665-7533 or email email@example.com
We have gotten through the last 40 years and all the ups and downs that came with them together, and that's exactly how we will get through this!
Your PFDG Family
UPDATE AS OF 3/20/20:
As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, Governor JB Pritzker has officially announced he has signed a Stay-at-Home order for all Illinois residents, this will force all non-essential businesses to temporarily close as of 5:00 pm Saturday, March 21st until April 7. With this, we will have to temporarily close our Bloomingdale, IL Retail Showroom to comply with this new order.
Effective immediately, all retail jobs will be put on hold until the Stay-at-Home order is lifted on April 7, 2020. However, Construction and most Insurance jobs will still proceed as these have been mandated to be essential business operations.
We will continue to keep you posted and provide any updates as the situation evolves. We hope you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy during these times.
Your PFDG Family
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about COVID-19 and its impact on our world. This means understanding how it affects our employees, customers, and communities and then making necessary adjustments to our work and day-to-day operations.
Each member of the community has an important role to play in stifling the spread of COVID-19 and all viruses and illnesses that come about this time of year. We are all together in this right now, though it may not feel like it for some due to social distancing and quarantines. However, the implementation of social distancing and quarantines are crucial in managing this pandemic, they are not the only tools we have to fight this, but they are powerful ones. We are stronger united, but spatially apart.
In order to create a safe, healthy, and happy environment for our team and customers, we are:
- Disinfecting all community areas such as commonly shared tables, countertops, and all shared office supplies
- Disinfecting all public spaces open to our customers such as showroom samples, door handles, stair railings, shared tables & sitting areas
- Disinfecting and further sanitizing all restrooms- both public and private
- Disinfecting and sanitizing all individual offices spaces and work areas
- Implementing a 60-day minimum travel restriction for all employees- this means all non-essential travel has been halted and will not resume until May 14th at the earliest.
In order to implement these changes, our showroom will be closing half an hour earlier every day. Please plan your appointments or shopping time accordingly.
In addition to these sanitation measures, we are also,
- Encouraging employees who are feeling under the weather, or are immunodeficient, to stay at home or work from home.
- Mandating employees who have traveled anywhere out of the state within the last 7 days to stay at home and "self-quarantine" for 14 days.
As the situation and circumstances surrounding COVID-19 are extremely dynamic, we will be continually updating and evaluating these policies and protocols. Our decisions are based on data and facts from the CDC & WHO, as well as a desire and responsibility to do our part in slowing, and ultimately stopping, the spread of this virus.
It is our highest priority to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all individuals who spend time in our building- be that our team, who spend the majority of their day there, or a customer who stops in for a brief chat. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can reach a member of our team by phone at 630-665-7533 or on the web at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your PFDG Family